- Title: Easter Moon
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Savannah
- Nearest Town: Bluffton
- Brief Directions: The location for this image is Burke's Beach Park, a public access beach on Hilton Head Island just off Highway 278. Hilton Head Island is about one hour north of Savannah, east of Bluffton, South Carolina. Follow 278 to midway point on the Island to Burke's Beach Road.
- Notes: Unfortunately Hilton Head Island is widely known as a vacation destination for golf and restaurants. The natural beauty of the coastal landscape and marshes is highly undervalued from the viewpoint of visual artists, particularly nature photographers. Once out of the tourist traffic along the main routes photographers have a wealth of beautiful subject matter. Bird photography is exceptional with an incredible variety of shore and wading birds as well as raptors. Landscape photography is always best in spring and autumn and during sunrise and sunset.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The full Moon rising over the Atlantic Ocean from the beach on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina just after sunset on April 6, 2012. The waves were at high tide. Double exposure using two lenses - Moon with Canon 500mm f4.5 L; foreground with Canon 70-200mm f4 IS L lens.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 500 f4.5 L lens and Canon 70-200mm f4 IS L lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 259 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!