- Title: Estuary
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Beaufort County
- Nearest Town: Hilton Head Island
- Brief Directions: Hilton Head Island is about an hour drive north of Savannah, Georgia, just across the state line into South Carolina.
- Notes: Although Hilton Head is known for, and high traffic resulting, beach resort and golf, there are still pockets of amazing natural beauty. Other nearby, less crowded and commercialized islands offer even more for nature and landscape photographers including Pinckeney Island Wildlife Refuge and Hunting Island State Park. These areas need to be preserved and protected to the rate of real estate development in the area. Much of the Lowcountry is being turned into gated retirement and golf communities.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Sunrise on the morning of July 13 2012 along the tidal marsh area of Broad Creek on Hilton Head Island South Carolina. Storm was breaking-up as the sun rose over a high tide in the marsh. Three exposure combination for High Dynamic Range image.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark III, Canon 17-35 f2.8 L lens, Kirk ballhead, Giotzo tripod, Canon cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 304 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!