Angel Oak Tree Charleston Sc
- Title: Angel Oak Tree Charleston Sc
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Charleston SC
- Brief Directions: On Johns Island south of Charleston on US17
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The amazing angel oak tree on Johns Island near Charleston SC. This ancient live oak tree is said to be over 1400 years old and one of the oldest living things in North America. Folklore suggests that the ghosts of slaves have appeared around the tree as angels, though the tree got it's name from the estate of Justis and Martha Angel. I kinda liked the way it looked in the somewhat harsh lighting, as I liked the contrast it added to the highlights and shadows. I had to wait for a cloud to control the amount of light in the scene to get a proper exposure and used a circular polarizer to control the skies adding the rich blue color to the sky in the background.
- Gear: Nikon D800 w/ 17-35mm f2.8 and Nikon CP
This Photo Has Been Viewed 575 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!