Lee Falls Green And Lush
- Title: Lee Falls Green And Lush
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Upstate South Carolina
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Most of the information you'll find about this falls boasts that at one time this waterfall was voted Oconee County's most scenic. However, getting to the falls is a bit of a chore. There are no trail blazes or markers and the experimental fields that one must cross are often extremely overgrown with grasses reaching over six feet in height. I usually go in shorts and flip flops on account of the number of creek crossing necessary; however, the long grasses and stinging nettles often leave my legs looking welted and itching like crazy! I would recommend some waterproof boots and lightweight hiking pants to deal with the grasses and water.
Once near the falls, the environment is pretty spectacular. Almost always shaded from the sun and very moist, I always see weird salamander-looking guys and all sorts of wildflowers and other stuff that I don't see elsewhere. For those with the macro lenses, this could occupy you for the entirety of an afternoon if that's your gig. The falls themselves are rather impressive. Generally, I would recommend going after a decent little rain to get nice flow and drips.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Nikkor 17-35mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 154 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!