Summer Washes Away
- Title: Summer Washes Away
- State/Province/Region: South Carolina
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Beaufort/Savannah
- Nearest Town: Hilton Head Island
- Brief Directions: I-95 north from Savannah to Highway 278 east to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Notes: Happy to see summer finally come to an end here on Hilton Head Island. The crowds of summer tourists are thinning out and the beautiful light and sky of autumn is beginning to return. To mark this turning of the season comes the hurricanes. Hilton Head has been very luck to not have had a direct hit in quite a few years. On Friday, August 26 2011 the outer bands of Hurricane Irene passed over the island resulting in periods of heavy rain. Finally at sunset the clouds began to break and what followed can only be described as pure magic.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The sky at sunset over the beach on Hilton Head Island on the evening of August 26 2011 following the passing over of the outer bands of Hurricane Irene.
- Gear: Canon 1D Mark III and Canon 17-35mm f2.8 lens, Kirk head and Bogen tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 401 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!