Sundogs And Cottonwood
- Title: Sundogs And Cottonwood
- State/Province/Region: South Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Iroquois, S.D.
- Nearest Town: Iroquois, S.D.
- Brief Directions: 5 miles west,and 2 miles south of Iroquois,S.D.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: With the sun setting, and the wind gusting to 30 MPH,I drove out to this lone cottonwood tree, a few miles from my home. With the wind chill at 15 degrees below zero, I knew I could'nt stay out too long. The suns light rays, shining through the ice crystals, created the colorful sundogs. I set up, so that the bright sun was directly behind the cottonwood trunk. I took a half a dozen images, and this one was the best.
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel XTi, 18 to 55 mm lens, tripod, remote cable switch,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 225 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!