Abandoned Car In The Prairie
- Title: Abandoned Car In The Prairie
- State/Province/Region: South Dakota
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Murdo to the South Pierre South Dakota to the North
- Nearest Town: Murdo, South Dakota
- Brief Directions: From the west end of Murdo South Dakota, just start driven north on the rural dirt road. Eventually you will end up in Pierre South Dakota and maybe see a farm every 10 or so miles seemingly in the middle of nowhere.
- Notes: Make sure you fill up with gas before you take this road. There are no gas stations until you get about halfway across the state. The wildlife you will see out here includes antelope, white tail deer, mule tail deer, pheasants, meadowlarks, bald eagles, and buffalo.
- GPS Longitude: 100.71
- GPS Latitude: 43.89
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This is the homestead land of my great grandparents. Vast open prairie land north of Murdo, South Dakota. They had been getting far more rain than normal and as a result the grass land was green as far as one could see. The property is used mostly for cattle grazing.
- Gear: Nikon D 300 with Nikor 18-200 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 606 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!