Bald River Falls
- Title: Bald River Falls
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bald River Falls
- Nearest Town: Tellico Plains
- Brief Directions: From Tellico Plains, TN, take Cherohala Skyway to Bald RIver Road. The falls require no hiking as they flow directly under an overpassing bridge. Parking available just east of the bridge to come view the falls and there are worn walkways on each entry of the bridge to walk down to water level.
- GPS Longitude: -84.1771381
- GPS Latitude: 35.3242464
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Early morning shoot following a rain storm all night prior. Water was flowing quite well from the rains and the leaves had extra depth from the wetness still covering them. A beautiful morning shoot. Was my first waterfall shoot since beginning my photography hobby earlier this year. Autumn in East Tennessee isn't something just to see, it is something to experience. Just a note, the Bald River Falls road, while plenty wide for two vehicles, is subject to fallen trees. To get to this location after a storm, I ran into a fallen tree in the road. Another vehicle coming the opposite way was already using a chainsaw to clear the road. I helped and 20 minutes later we were both on our way.
- Gear: Nikon D5100, AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
This Photo Has Been Viewed 129 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!