Carter Shields Cabin
- Title: Carter Shields Cabin
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Smoky Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Townsend
- Brief Directions: The Carter Shields Cabin stands at the last homestead on the Cades Cove driving loop.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Carter Shields Cabin is believed to have been built in the 1830s. George Washing "Carter" Shields, a veteran of the Civil War who was crippled in the Battle of Shiloh in April 1862, called the cabin his home from 1910-1921. The area provided a beautiful place to retire, as the Dogwood trees which bloom there in the spring make it one of the loveliest stops on the cove tour.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark 3 w/ 35L
This Photo Has Been Viewed 207 times
, Scenic Routes
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!