- Title: Little Cascade
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Horse Creek Recreation Area
- Nearest Town: Greeneville
- Brief Directions: Take highway 107 from Greeneville, look for signs to Horse Creek Recreation Area. It is a right turn, take horse creek park rd to the entrance.
- Notes: After entering the park there is a right turn to the Old Forge Area. There are many small cascades and falls on Jennings Creek also.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was looking for opportunities to photograph my favorite subject which is falling water. We usually think of waterfalls as large interactions between gravity and water. I came upon this small cascade near where a small stream entered Horse Creek. The cascade was only about 4 or 5 feet. As I looked at and was drawn to the interaction of the water and the rocks I realized it doesn't take a high drop to create a beautiful waterfall.
- Gear: Nikon D90
This Photo Has Been Viewed 48 times
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!