- Title: Golden Barn 2
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Townsend
- Brief Directions: Just as you enter the state of Tennessee traveling on I-40, take Hwy 321 going toward Gatlinburg. You have to go through the small town of Gatlinburg to enter The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Just as soon as you enter the park, there is a visitor's center called Sugarland. From there follow the signs to Cades Cove 21 miles of winding roads. Watch for deer, bear, and turkeys in the road.
- Notes: Cades Cove is nestled inside the Great Smoky Mountains. There are still standing old homesteads, barns, and well houses used by the pioneers who lived and worked in this hidden valley. An open-air museum, white-tailed deer, turkeys, black bear, & wild boar run free.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This barn on Sparks Lane has fallen now, but I found the slide the other day, scanned it into my computer into Photoshop, and couldn't believe how beautiful it was. The opposite colors attract the eye. The golden grasses and the blue of morning light seem to compliment each other.
- Gear: Nikon D100 Nikkor 85-200 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 613 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!