Cades Cove Sunrise
- Title: Cades Cove Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Tennessee
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Gatlinburg
- Brief Directions: From Gatlinburg, drive into the park, then after the Visitors Center, turn right onto Little River Road which ends in Cades Cove.
- Notes: A national park campground is at the edge of the cove for easy access. On Wednesday and Saturday mornings, auto traffic is not permitted until 10am, giving cyclists the opportunity to have the road (bikes can be rented near the campground).
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Cades Cove, on the western side of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, offers an 11-mile paved loop. This shot was taken along that loop, just as the sun was breaking through the morning fog.
- Gear: Canon 7D, Canon 24-105L lens, Manfrotto tripod & ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 103 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!