- Title: The Dorgan House
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Bend National Park
- Nearest Town: Terlingua
- Brief Directions: TX 118 from Alpine to Study Butte or FM 170 from Presidio to Study Butte (then 26 miles east to park headquarters) or US 90 or US 385 to Marathon (then 70 miles south to park headquarters).
Distances between towns and services are considerable. Be sure you have plenty of gas, oil, food, and water for your trip.
- Notes: One of the most impressive places I have ever visited. The number of stars is over-whelming. Big Bend is a Gold Tier National Dark Sky Park. Get out there, now.
- GPS Longitude: 103.61692
- GPS Latitude: 29.317546
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Dorgan House is located in Big Bend National Park, Texas. It was a working ranch house along the Rio Grande in the early part of the 20th century. It was abandoned when the Park Service took the area over in 1944. The chimney is entirely made of petrified wood found in the area.
- Gear: Nikon D90, Manfrotto Tripod, Nikon 18-55 kit lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 182 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!