Prickly Pear With Progressing Blooms
- Title: Prickly Pear With Progressing Blooms
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Inks Lake State Park
- Nearest Town: Burnet
- Brief Directions: From San Antonio, take US Highway 281 north past Marble Falls to Burnet. Turn west (left) on Highway 29 towasrd Llano. Take Park Road 4 to the south (left). Cacti should be blooming all over if you time it right. Lots of pink granite outcrops here make wonderful contrasting landscapes and closeups. Lots of Whitetail Deer are also in this area, especially on the golf course in the evenings.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Prickly Pear cacti abound in this area of the Llano Uplift and the Texas Hill Country, and usually bloom after the first soaking rain in late April or May.. Blossoms are usually yellow to orange.
- Gear: Canon XTi with Canon 24-105 L IS USM and CP
This Photo Has Been Viewed 689 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!