- Title: Bird Rookery
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southeast Texas
- Nearest Town: Houston
- Brief Directions: From Houston take Interstate 10 about 30 miles. As you approach the Trinity River watch for the signs. The park is accessed right from the interstate.
- Notes: The bottomlands of the Trinity River in Southeast Texas are still wild and filled with life. This photo was taken after sunset at an Army Corps of Engineers park in Chambers County just East of Houston. The traffic of Interstate 10 flows steadily just a few hundred yards from this spot. A long exposure and a telephoto lens aimed at the area where the greatest number of birds were settling in for the night was all it took.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Army Corps of Engineers operates a park east of Houston, Texas called the Wallisville Lake Project. This is a quick and easy way to view and photograph the wildlife of the coastal marsh & plains in this area.
- Gear: Nikon D300-80-400mm Nikon Zoom Lens-Polarizer-Bogen 3036 Tripod-Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 140 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!