- Title: Palmettos
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: East Texas-Pineywoods
- Nearest Town: New Waverly
- Brief Directions: From the town of New Waverly take FM1374 Northwest for about 8 miles. Turn left on Stubblefield Road. Go about 1.5 miles and look for the campground & trailhead on the left.
- Notes: The Lone Star Trail is the longest hiking trail in Texas. It is 96 miles long and while this is not a true wilderness experience, one may often hike all day without encountering another human.
Take the trail East from the Stubblefield campground and you will see an area of palmetto plants that is very expansive. I call it the Great Palmetto Forest. I love shooting here. Wander off the trail and you may surprised what you find in the way of photographic opportunities.
- Description: The Sam Houston National Forest lies in Walker, Montgomery & San Jacinto Counties in East Texas. The area where this photo was taken is near the Stubblefield Campground in the Eastern portion of the National Forest
- Gear: Nikon D300-18-70mm Nikon Zoom Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 87 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!