- Title: Pond And Flowers
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: East Texas
- Nearest Town: Athens
- Brief Directions: From the city of Athens take Highway 19 South to FM 837 until it intersects with FM 2961. Go East on FM 2961 a couple miles to the Wildlife Management Area.
- Notes: This was one of those fairly straightforward shots that I believe ended up having a certain quality that makes it pleasing. The background in this image is not tack sharp and that combined with a good bit of afternoon haze in the air gave this photo a nice look.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The Gus Engling Wildlife Management Area is operated by the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department and is open to hiking, camping, birding and hunting. At nearly 11,000 acres there's plenty of room to roam. This is what is described as the post oak savannah region of Texas. The area lies in Anderson County just a few miles East of the Trinity River.
- Gear: Pentax 67-75mm lens-bogen 3036 tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 176 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!