Sunset On The Guadalupes
- Title: Sunset On The Guadalupes
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Brief Directions: Located approximately 100 miles east of El Paso, Texas on Hwy 62/180. Also located approximately 60 miles south of Carlsbad, NM on Hwy 62/180.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This image was taken at sunset looking across what is normally the salt flat basin on the western side of the Guadalupe Mountain Range. A heavy rain in September caused severe flooding and the flood waters were still covering the salt flat basin in November. A cloud bank moved across the Range just as the sun set, providing beautiful red reflective coloring to the scene.
- Gear: Nikon D800, Nikon 28-70 f/2.8G, Bogen Tripod, RRS BH 55, Cable Release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 193 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!