- Title: Smoke Over Inks Lake
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Inks Lake State Park
- Nearest Town: Burnet
- Brief Directions: From Austin, take HWY 71 west to HWY 281, then north through Marble Falls to Park Road 4 (don't go all the way to Burnet, as Park Road 4 is much more scenic and just as fast).
- Notes: A funny story: just as I was walking to the edge of the lake to take this picture, a man in his underwear stepped out of a nearby cabin, saw my photographic gear, and quickly stepped back inside. Apparently afraid of a quick candid shot.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: This photo was taken just before dawn in late Autumn of 2008. The cool air was creating columns of mist 50' high, and a solitary duck was out for a swim.
On the far side of the lake are gorgeous homes situated high in the hillside. The morning light was just beginning to light their facades.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds Mark III with EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 455 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!