Sunrise Over Lost Maples
- Title: Sunrise Over Lost Maples
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Lost Maples State Natural Area
- Nearest Town: Vanderpool
- Brief Directions: From San Antonio, take I-10 to Boerne, then continue on HWY 16 past Bandera to FM337E. Turn north on RR187 at Vanderpool.
- Notes: My wife and I left Kerrville at 4:30am to drive to the park and climb up to the peak before sunrise. After sprinting the last quarter mile up the hill with gear clanking all around, the best view turned out to be 5' down a sheer cliff to a ledge. There was just enough room for me and the tripod, with less than an inch between the tripod and the end of the ledge.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Taken from the peak overlooking the Bigtooth maple forest at Lost Maples just as the sun climbed over the hills. The soft autumn sunrise reflecting off of the granite ledge glowed a soft purple light.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds III with EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 457 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!