- Title: Golden Reflections
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Pedernales Falls State Park
- Nearest Town: Johnson City
- Brief Directions: From Austin, take HWY 290 west to HWY 281, then north on HWY 281 to RR 2766. Take RR2766 east to the entrance.
- Notes: After years of drought, the only water left comes from natural springs that create small pools of water at the bottom of the falls. As the light dwindled, the golden reflections turned to silver, then to icy blue.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Late afternoon light reflects the golden boulders into pools of spring-fed water at the bottom of Pedernales Falls.
- Gear: Canon 1Ds with EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
This Photo Has Been Viewed 317 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!