- Title: Clay Boulder
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Central Texas
- Nearest Town: Bastrop
- Brief Directions: From the town of Bastrop take Highway 71 West about 5 miles. The park entrance is on the right.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: McKinney Roughs is a 2000 acre park operated by the Lower Colorado River Authority. The park is located in Bastrop County, Texas which is in the central part of the state. This park is for day use only and has 19 miles of hiking trails. This area is known as the Lost Pines Region and is the westernmost spot that one may find the evergreens in the state.
I was about ready to wrap up a morning of shooting in the park when I noticed a short loop trail leading from the parking area. I decided to walk it and was surprised to find these boulders that had tumbled away from a clay bank. This was the most interesting one, and isolating it made the photo appear even stranger.
- Gear: Nikon D300-18-70mm Nikon Zoom Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 202 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!