- Title: Caddo Lake
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: FM 2198
- Nearest Town: Jefferson, Texas or Marshall, Texas
- Brief Directions: From Jefferson, take hwy. 134 to FM 2198 to entrance of Caddo Lake State Park or from Marshall take 43 north to FM 2198.
- Notes: Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas, it straddles the Texas, Louisiana border. It's very mysterious feeling with the cypress trees and Spanish moss. In spring there are usually lots of birds, in July the lake is covered with water lilies, and in fall, there can be quite a bit of color. Also watch for alligators,nutria,beaver,and deer on the shore. The best place to photograph in the park is from the fishing pier, or go down the road past the entrance to the small community of Uncertain, TX and photograph from the piers there. You can also rent a guide and boat or take your own canoe out of the lake to get some wonderful shots, of the trees, birds, and reflections.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Tripod, long lens for birds and animals, wide angle or medium ra
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1583 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!