- Title: Ferns On Oak
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Coastal Plains of Texas
- Nearest Town: Houston
- Brief Directions: From Houston take Interstate 10 West about 50 miles to the exit for the town of San Felipe and the exit for the park.
- Notes: Spring is a great time to visit this area. There are great opportunites in the surrounding countryside for photographing wildflower displays in the first 1/2 of April.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Stephen F. Austin State Historical Park lies in Austin County, Texas about 50 miles West of Houston. The Brazos River runs through the park and there is also a network of hiking trails. Full camping facilities are available at this park. I was impressed by the quantity of large hardwood trees at this park. This particular oak had obviously seen some hard years. The resurrection ferns on this tree will often appear dried & dead. After an ample rain they come back to life.
- Gear: Pentax 67-45mm lens-bogen 3036 tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 186 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!