- Title: Fall Color-texas!
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Nearest Town: Carlsbad, N.M.
- Brief Directions: McKittrick Canyon is located in the middle of the Guadalupe Mountains in Texas just south of the Texas-New Mexico state line. The road, U.S. 62-180, runs south out of Carlsbad about 50 miles where there is a sign directing you about 2 miles to the trailhead.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Everyone thinks you need to go to New England to view great fall color. McKittrick Canyon in the Guadalupe Mountains is a hidden gem where people can't believe the fall colors here! The trail winds alongside a creek for about 3 miles where you can see big tooth maples,tall pine trees, cactus, madrone trees, and deer and other wildlife!
- Gear: Canon Rebel XSI, Tamron 18-270 zoom lens, Manfrotto tripod, cable release, circular polarizer , Canon XSI digital camera, 18-270 Tamron zoom lens, Manfrotto tripod, circular polarizer, cable release
This Photo Has Been Viewed 164 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!