- Title: Stargazing
- State/Province/Region: Texas
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: McDonald Observatory
- Nearest Town: Fort Davis
- Brief Directions: Traveling east on I-10 from El Paso may take Highway 118 south at Kent.
Traveling west on I-10 take Highway 17 south at Balmorhea to Fort Davis, then Highway 118 north.
Traveling from the Big Bend National Park, take Highway 118 north through Alpine and Fort Davis to the Observatory
- Notes: This photo was made out of 328, 30 second exposures at f/2.8 with ISO 1600. The observatory is illuminated by the fading moon as it sets on the horizon.
- GPS Longitude: 104
- GPS Latitude: 30
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: McDonald observatory is in the Davis Mountains range on West Texas, it's a property of the University of Texas at Austin.
It's location is well suited for stargazing thanks to it's altitud and the lack of light pollution from big cities.
The observatory offers star parties Every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. For more information visit their webiste: http://mcdonaldobservatory.org/
- Gear: Nikon D5000, Sigma 10mm f/2.8, Benro travel angel trypod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 170 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!