Hiking Zion Narrows
- Title: Hiking Zion Narrows
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: South West Utah
- Nearest Town: Springdale
- Brief Directions: Southwest Utah, Hwy 89 and Hwy 9
- Notes: Bring the widest angle lens possible since you will need it. A tripod is required for blurring the water flow.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Hiking Zion Narrows is unlike any other hike I’ve done before. For the Bottom-Up Day-Hike this hike starts at the end of the Riverside Walk where you leave the end of the trail and start hiking upstream in the Virgin River. I went in November when the water and air temperature was cold which required renting a dry suit. The water flow for my hike was at 107 CFS which is near the cutoff of 120 CFS for issuing Thru-Hike permits. I was warned of chest high water only 10 minutes into the hike and waded through four of these deep pools before turning around. The steep canyon walls, red rocks and waterfalls running into the river add to this adventure.
- Gear: Dry suit
This Photo Has Been Viewed 178 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!