Bryce Canyon Sunrise
- Title: Bryce Canyon Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Bryce Canyon
- Brief Directions: Arrive early in Bryce Canyon National Park and follow the signs to Inspiration Point. A short climb up the Rim Trail brings you to an unobstructed overlook over the Silent City.
- Notes: Taken with a Tachihara 4x5 Large Format view camera, using Fuji Velvia 50 film and a Schneider Super-Angulon 90mm lens. Some scenes are so grand that a Large Format camera still feels like the best way to capture them.
- GPS Longitude: -112.169691
- GPS Latitude: 37.614941
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Winter Sunrise at Inspiration Point in Bryce Canyon National Park. At this time of year the "Silent City" - a dense collection of hoodoos between Inspiration and Sunset Points - is beautifully illuminated just as the sun crosses the horizon at first light.
- Gear: Tachihara 4x5, Fuji Velvia 50
This Photo Has Been Viewed 782 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!