Bryce Canyon Sunrise
- Title: Bryce Canyon Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Bryce Canyon
- Brief Directions: Arrive early in Bryce Canyon National Park and follow the signs to Inspiration Point. A short climb up the Rim Trail brings you to an unobstructed overlook over the Silent City.
- Notes: This photo is being re-submitted, due to a complication with entry into the YFP contest.
- GPS Longitude: -112.169691
- GPS Latitude:
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This is one of the best views to take in at the remarkable Bryce Canyon National Park, particularly at sunrise. The walls of Bryce Canyon face to the east and they catch the warm light at sunrise the moment the sun crosses the horizon, revealing the bright warm colors of the hoodoos. The view from Inspiration Point down over the "Silent City", seen here, is my favorite vantage point, particular in winter with a healthy dose of white snow to contrast the orange hoodoos. It's well worth a cold and early start to the day to take it in.
- Gear: Tachihara 4x5, Fuji Velvia 50
This Photo Has Been Viewed 901 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!