Red Pine Canyon Trail Little Cottonwood Canyon View
- Title: Red Pine Canyon Trail Little Cottonwood Canyon View
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Snowbird Ski Area
- Nearest Town: Salt Lake City
- Brief Directions: From Salt Lake City head east up Little Cottonwood Canyon, turn off at parking lot 3/4 miles before Snowbird Ski Area turnoff. Trail head is marked, at one point be sure to make the Red Pine Trail divergence away from the main White Pine Trail.
- Notes: Photo taken in early May, trail was difficult to locate in some areas due to snow patches in higher elevations, be careful not to get lost when trail is in this condition, or wait until mid-summer to tackle the trail. The year 2012 when this photo was taken was a very low snow pack year.
I find the best time to take mountain photos in Utah is after a rain so as to add to the atmosphere and reduce washed out colors. It rained earlier in the day and clouds and mists remain as the sun begins to break through the semi-overcast skies around 6pm.
- GPS Longitude: 111
- GPS Latitude: 40
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Trail to Red Pine Canyon, overlook looking down on Little Cottonwood Canyon.
- Gear: Pentax K-5 Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II Photoshop CS5 Photomatix
This Photo Has Been Viewed 197 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!