Dead Horse Point State Park
- Title: Dead Horse Point State Park
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands
- Nearest Town: Moab, UT
- Brief Directions: The turn-off for Dead Horse Point SP is a few miles from the Canyonlands entrance, if you're coming from Moab - which is about 30 miles away.
From Moab, take US 191 to UT 313. Signs to the park are posted.
- Notes: See a special slideshow that i created and uploaded to youtube showcasing some more images from my wyldWandering adventures. Use the search tag, "wander in the wyld."
- Description: "Wilderness..... The word itself is music." Especially for those of us who are attuned to its sonorous melodies - as was Edward Abbey whose quote begins this summary. I love the landscape, geography of the southwest. Love it! This picture was taken from a very common vantage point which overlooks the eastern side; the main lookout at Dead Horse is just a short drive away.
I used just a touch of HDR (20%) to add some detail to areas ravaged by hardlight and extreme shadows.
- Gear: Canon 7D, 17-40mm f4.0L, Lee Filter ND and Polarizer, Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 and Grip Action (324RC2)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 87 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!