Toloache Before The Throne
- Title: Toloache Before The Throne
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Springdale
- Notes: I chased this photo for about 3 years, driving from Las Vegas to Zion on the weekends during storm season. Finally one morning all conditions collided, large plants in bloom, passing rain storm and consistant lighting. After dodging a few lightning bolts I was able to set up and catch the recent rain settling on these beautiful flowers. Having The Great White Throne in the background is iconic to Zion National Park.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: These Moonflowers or Toloache, are elusive as they are beautiful, opening early morning and staying open only a short time during the AM hours. Some develop a purple tinting around the edges and some are pure white. Many Native Americans have used the plant for hallucinations and rites of passage.
- Gear: Nikon D300 Nikkor AF-S 12-24
This Photo Has Been Viewed 317 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!