Contemplation, Green River Overlook, Ut
- Title: Contemplation, Green River Overlook, Ut
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyonlands Ntl Park, UT
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Notes: I go on a pilgrimage to Green River Overlook every couple of years in search of something I can't quite put my finger on. I find it to be one of the quietest places on Earth; it's a must-see location for anyone visiting the Southern Utah canyon country. The most obvious composition here is one that seeks to include each square foot of the wide-open expanse that lies before you; I'll admit that this is how I envisioned this image as it was captured. Upon subsequent visits to this photograph, however, I've found myself drawn more to the individual experiencing an intimate moment with his surroundings than the grand vista that lies beneath. Although my travel companion made for a strong subject, I find this image to be more of a self-portrait based upon the peace I experience each time I visit.
- Gear: Nikon N80, Nikon 28-80 f/3.5-5.6, Manfrotto tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 204 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!