Sunrise At Bryce Point, Bryce Canyon Ntl Park, Ut
- Title: Sunrise At Bryce Point, Bryce Canyon Ntl Park, Ut
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bryce Canyon Ntl Park, UT
- Nearest Town: Kanab
- Notes: During the dead of winter, I hijacked a travel-companion's Jeep in order to capture Bryce Point during the early morning hours. In -25 degree temperatures, I set up my shot and waited for 60 frigid minutes for the sun to crest the horizon. Alternating between shooting three frames and thawing my camera batteries in my armpits, I managed half a roll of film before the light became too harsh and my fingers turned to wood. To me, this image is a testament to the notion that few things in life worth doing don't come without a some degree of hardship.
- Gear: Nikon F6, Nikon 17-35 f/2.8, Manfrotto tripot, Fuji Velvia
This Photo Has Been Viewed 204 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!