- Title: Thor's Hammer
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bryce Canyon NP
- Nearest Town: Tropic
- Notes: f/8 @ 1/250 sec; -1.33 EV; ISO 100; Auto exposure; average metering mode; Auto WB; RAW capture
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: The most recognized and easily photographed icon in Bryce Canyon, Thor's Hammer, is seen in countless advertisements and promotional materials for the park. It's unique form and the surrounding elements are so typical of the spectacle awaiting the visitors. Here it is depicted in the early morning with warm directional lighting. A nearby pine tree in the foreground adds contrast to the color and texture of the rocks while the expanse of Bryce amphitheater extends to the horizon in the background.
- Gear: Canon 30D; 16-35 mm @ 23 mm; Gitzo tripod; RRS B55 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 231 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!