Ancient Rock Art By Flashlight
- Title: Ancient Rock Art By Flashlight
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Head of Sinbad, San Rafael Swell
- Nearest Town: Green River
- Brief Directions: Sorry, I can't divulge the location.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The San Rafael Reef and Swell located in central Utah is the home of some of the most ancient rock art in North America. This particular panel, called the Head of Sinbad, was originally painted by the Barrier Canyon culture, hunter-gatherers who lived during the Archaic Period, approximately 8,000 to 3,000 years ago. Their spirituality and connection to nature is evident in their classic symbology. Their rock art (paintings) are considered by art historians as some of the most significant ancient art found on Earth. This image was taken at night, using flashlights for lighting.
- Gear: Canon EOS Elan 7E equipped with a Canon 26-35 wide-angle lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 380 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!