- Title: Autumn Beauty
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Zion National Park
- Nearest Town: Springdale, UT
- Brief Directions: Follow the Riverwalk trail until it ends and get in the water!
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Autumn in the Zion Narrows. I almost missed this shot. I first came upon it going upstream, and the maple caught my eye right away. I crossed the river and took a bunch of shots from the sandy shore, all junk. Several hours later I was coming back down, exhausted, and following a group of photographers. They crossed the river slightly upstream of this and I followed them, which put me on the opposite side of the river this time. A buck was sitting near this maple and they all whipped out telephoto lenses to shoot it. I didn't have mine so as I waited for them to finish I saw this scene. I wasn't sure if I wanted to unpack all my stuff (everything is double packed in dry bags) but I did and took just this one shot. The other photographers were looking at me curiously, wondering why I wasn't shooting the buck. This is my best photo of the year, and I almost missed it. Makes me wonder what else I missed!
- Gear: Canon 5DmkIII
This Photo Has Been Viewed 377 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!