- Title: Stone Men
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Devils Garden
- Nearest Town: Escalante
- Brief Directions: 12 miles south of Escalante on Hole in the rock RD.
- Notes: This was my first time in the Devils Garden area and shooting the 617 format camera. There was a storm rolling in and with it the wind. I had to hide the camera behind me and and a tree while holding the tripod down to prevent camera shake in the 20+ mph wind gusts. Very glad that 1 out of the 4 frames was sharp and well exposed.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Four Hoodoos in Devils Garden watching a spring sunset. These rocks or "hoodoos" almost have a human quality with there shape and arrangement in the desert south of Escalante,UT. Shot with a Fuji G617 and Velvia 50 the sky painted itself nicely for the 6 second exposure needed.
- Gear: Fuji G617,Fuji Velvia 50, Gitzo Traveler 1 tripod.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 166 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!