Delicate Arch, Lightning And Iridium Flare
- Title: Delicate Arch, Lightning And Iridium Flare
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arches National Park
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: Hwy 191 and follow signs to Arches National Park and then to Delicate Arch. It is then about a 2 mile hike up to the arch.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I was at Arches for an Astrophotography Workshop with Brad Goldpaint, who is a fantastic instructor, bye the way. Unfortunately, it rained every night we were there. This is the best image I got prior to getting dumped on by a torrential downpour. I was pleased to capture some distant lightning and the remaining stars along with a rare iridium flare which is a reflection off a satellite.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark III, 16-35 F/2.8 L lens, Gitzo tripod, Kirk BH-1 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1460 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!