Cloud-light At Monument Valley
- Title: Cloud-light At Monument Valley
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monument Valley
- Nearest Town: Mexican Hat
- Notes: I shot this handheld with a Canon 5DMII and a 70-200 f2.8 IS at 80mm, ISO 250, f/11, 1/320 sec. This was late mid-morning and there was a lot of light, the passing thunder storms softened the light, contrast, and brought out colors that I normally don't see with early morning and late evening light.
My travel kit includes a 5DMII, 16-35, 24-70, 70-200, 11-17 fisheye, macro stacks, polarizers, grad NDs, Induro Tripod, batteries, cards, and as little else as possible. Most of the time I don't carry a laptop, which lets me enjoy the trip figuring that I'll edit when I get home.
- Description: Clouds and thunderstorms on the Plateau. During this week, the Southwest and Four Corners were blanketed by a late spring cold front, which gave 4 days of amazing light and skies. Sunsets and Sunrises were pretty much blanked out, but the daytime skies were full of life and character. With days like this, I am becoming a fan of mid-day photography.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 70-200 f2.8, Hoya Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 317 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!