Maple Leaf In Big Cottonwood Canyon Stream
- Title: Maple Leaf In Big Cottonwood Canyon Stream
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Nearest Town: Salt Lake City
- Description: Big Cottonwood Canyon is one of my favorite locations for shooting fall color photos and I tend to go to the same spots every year. But instead of taking the same photo year after year I try to push the limits by using the new gear/software that I acquired during the year.
New this year was the NIK HDR Efex Pro software (now available through Google) and a better tripod (Feisol CT-3472).
While walking along Big Cottonwood stream on a gloomy day, I saw a beautiful maple leaf on a rock. I quickly set up the completely flattened out tripod in the water and mounted the camera on it. I knew that in order to focus I would have to get low, kneel in the water and (unfortunately) get wet. I took several bracketed photos and retreated to my car just before a major thunderstorm filled the sky with lightening and heavy rain.
The outcome were wet shoes, wet pants and a beautiful photo !
- Gear: Nikon D600, Nikon 16-35 F/4 VR, Singh Ray Blue&Gold Filter, Feisol tripod, Markins ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 293 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!