Delicate Arch, Arches National Park
Roger D. Maki
- Title: Delicate Arch, Arches National Park
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: U. S. 191
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: Delicate Arch is located at the end of a 1.5-mile trail that begins at the Wolfe Ranch parking area. Follow the main park road 11.7 miles past the entrance station, then turn right and drive another 1.2 miles to Wolfe Ranch. The trail is mostly uphill, starting out as dirt and crushed rock before it switchbacks up to slickrock sandstone. Follow rock cairns until you get to the final 200 yards of trail along a narrow ledge. The trail opens up into a shallow bowl with Delicate Arch on the far side.
- Notes: I took these photos between 3:50-4:15 p.m. on April 5 using a Sigma SD10 with a Sigma 28-200mm lens.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Good hiking shoes, water, hat for shade
This Photo Has Been Viewed 501 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!