A Blessed Morning
- Title: A Blessed Morning
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Bryce Canyon National Park
- Nearest Town: Tropic
- Brief Directions: From the Los Angeles area I-15 to Cedar City, turn right on Hwy 14, cross the mts. to Hwy 89, north to Hwy 12, turn right. In the winter heavy snow on Hwy 14 might require a more southerly route through Zion NP or Hwy 389 from Hurricane, Utah to Kanab and then north on Hwy 89.
- Notes: The Bryce bowl faces the rising sun. The hoodoos will begin to glow before the sun breaks the horizon. Scout the best views the day before, arrive during darkness and get set up. Try to find an area that won't be overrun once the tour buses arrive.
- GPS Longitude: 37.63
- GPS Latitude: 112.17
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: We awoke to an all night snow storm, the biggest in 5 years according to the locals. We headed to a nearby viewpoint, arrived in darkness behind a snowplow and prepared for sunrise. It was a spectacular morning.
- Gear: Nikon D200/Nikon 12-24 lens @12mm, Gitzo tripod, Arca-Swiss ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 454 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!