Deadhorse Lake, Uinta Mtns
- Title: Deadhorse Lake, Uinta Mtns
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: SR 150 (Mirror Lake Hwy)
- Nearest Town: Evanston, WY
- Brief Directions: Most traffic is from Salt Lake City, so... take I-80 East to US40 East to SR248 to Kamas and then SR150 East to the North Slope Road (FR58). The trailhead is approx 25 miles east from there.
- Notes: The largely unknown Uinta Mountains and High Uintas Wilderness Area in northeastern Utah offer truly breathtaking scenery, usually requiring multi-day backpacks to get the full feel for what there is to see. At 10,900 feet, Deadhorse Lake lies 10 miles and 1,600 vertical feet up the beautiful West Fork Blacks Fork on the north slope. I avoid "bug season" by staying away July to mid August.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Polarizer, grad NDs, tripod (if willing to carry)
This Photo Has Been Viewed 952 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!