Cottonwood Canyon Road
Bob Simari / Baldwin, New York
- Title: Cottonwood Canyon Road
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: US 89
- Nearest Town: Page, Arizona
- Brief Directions: Leaving Page, Az on US 89 and heading towards Kanaab, Utah you will come upon this dirt road near milepost 18, about 4 miles past the town of Churchwells.The road, which runs north-south, can be approached from the northern end as well, off Highway 12, out of Cannonville. Caution: This clay road is unpassable and very dangerous, even with a jeep, during wet weather. After heavy rain, it is not uncommon for the road to be closed for days at a time.
- Notes: You will find outstanding scenery all along this rough and rutted dirt road which connects US 89 in the south with Scenic Byway 12 in the north. The two hours which it might take to drive this 40 mile stretch can easily turn into a full day as you stop to explore and photograph the many colorful rock formations, slot canyons, the area known as the Cockscomb and Grosvenor Arch which is located close to Kodachrome State Park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: A 4 wd, high clearance suv is helpful here
This Photo Has Been Viewed 364 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!