- Title: Orderville/zion Canyon
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 9
- Nearest Town: Springdale
- Brief Directions: From I-15 in St. George, Ut, take Utah Highway 9 about 40 miles into Zion National Park. Check with NPS staff regarding directions and permits, which are required for all slot canyon hikes.
- Notes: Zion's deep slot canyons are some of the greatest places to explore and enjoy anywhere. One requiring moderate technical ability is Orderville Canyon, a rarely taken wilderness journey that serves as an alternative to the more popular and crowded Zion Narrows. Orderville starts as a dry canyon and ends up as a spring fed slot canyon, providing swimming, hiking, a few short, easy rappels, and several waterfalls along the way. The one way journey down Orderville empties out into the famous Zion Narrows, providing additional amazing photo opportunities, not to mention adventure. The Zion Narrows may also be access from Zion Canyon via a 1-2 hour hike upstream. Don't forget the tripod or a drybag for the camera.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Tripod, Drybag, Wading Staff, Rope and Climbing Gear (for Orderv
This Photo Has Been Viewed 886 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!