Zion National Park
- Title: Zion National Park
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Interstate 15
- Nearest Town: The largest town nearest Zion would be Las Vegas.
- Brief Directions: From Cedar City to the Kolob Canyons Entrance, take I-15 about 18 miles south. To Zion Canyon, take I-15 to Utah 17 then Utah 9 to the South Entrance (about 60 miles). From Kanab, take US 89 to Utah 9 (at Mt. Carmel junction) to the East Entrance. From Las Vegas and St. George, take I-15 and Utah 9 to the South Entrance. Airports: Las Vegas, Nevada, and St. George, Utah.
- Notes: Zion is an ancient Hebrew word meaning a place of refuge or sanctuary. Specific places that are my favorites would be Observation Point, Emerald Pools, and Angels Landing.
- Best Season: Spring
This Photo Has Been Viewed 342 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!