Sunset Inside Of Buckskin Gulch
- Title: Sunset Inside Of Buckskin Gulch
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Escalante National Monument
- Nearest Town: Escalante, Utah
- Brief Directions: Located about 5 miles south of the Paria Canyon ranger station. Be aware: a 4 wheel, high clearance vehicle is needed to get past the sand pits most of the time, and the road is subject to weather conditions.
- Notes: When hiking in a slot canyon, please be very aware of forecasted and current weather conditions. Rains often flood the gulch, and there are only a few escape routes out of the 30 mile long gulch!
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Buckskin gulch is located in Escalante National Monument. It isn't one of the more colorful slot canyons in the area, except for right near sunset, when the sunlight reflects off of the canyon rim, illuminating the canyon in spectacular hues of reds, oranges, and yellows!!!
- Gear: Canon, EOS 50D, 16-35mmL lens, velbon tripod.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 173 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!