- Title: North Window
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arches NP
- Nearest Town: Moab
- Brief Directions: North on highway 191 from Moab to Arches NP; Windows section
- Notes: 1/5 sec @ f/18; -1 EV; ISO 100; partial metering; manual WB; normal process
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: North Window, backlit by early morning light. While the focus of the park is on the natural arches contained within its boundaries, the natural setting and ecology—a fragile high desert system—is generally disregarded or ignored by most visitors. The juxtaposition of the elements—small, fragile, delicate flowers against massive, solid stone—was what attracted me and inspired the photograph.
- Gear: Canon 5D; 16-35 mm @ 16 mm; polarizer; Gitzo tripod; RRS BH 55 ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 207 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!