Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir
- Title: Lower Bells Canyon Reservoir
- State/Province/Region: Utah
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sandy
- Nearest Town: Seven Springs
- Brief Directions: From Wasatch Boulevard at 9800 South, turn east on Little Cottonwood Road. The parking area is about a block off Wasatch Boulevard on the south side of the road. The trail is clearly marked.
- GPS Longitude: -111.7947
- GPS Latitude: 40.5633
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: With cooler but still pleasant weather, fall is a great time to
hike Bell Canyon Trail. From the parking lot, the trail makes switchbacks up
the hillside through scrub oak. You will come to a ridge that overlooks
homes sitting in a ravine. On the far side of the ravine, you can see the trail
traversing up to the next ridge. Watch for deer and other wildlife on this
easy section of the trail. When you hike to the last ridge, Lower Bells Canyon
Reservoir is revealed. At the reservoir, rings appear on the water surface as
trout search for a meal. Do a little searching of your own by exploring the
trails going around the reservoir and visiting the waterfall up the canyon.
- Gear: Wide-angle lens/Tripod/Bug spray/GND filters/Comfortable boots
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1789 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!